Support Us in Breaking Barriers to Youth Research
About the Team
We are a passionate team of PhD, medical, masters, undergraduate and high school students from 15 different countries.
- This diversity fosters an incredibly unique environment and allows us to approach issues from many different perspectives. We believe research should have no limitations; so we welcome all ages, backgrounds and experience levels (even people with no experience)! Members of our research team also have the opportunity to publish their manuscripts in our Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Literacy (JMRL) at no cost.
What Do We Do?
- Conduct interdisciplinary research through group projects.
- Provides opportunities for members to serve as peer-reviewers and to learn how to edit manuscripts for publication.
- Hosts exclusive workshops about research to learn more about the process.
- Supported by experienced Advisors in writing academic articles.
Our Research Activities
Take a look at the projects we’ve worked on:
- The Impact of Hypoxia on Telomerase Activity and Potential Implications on Cancer Therapies
- The Effects of Caffeine on Neuroblastoma, Glioblastoma, Lung, and Liver Cancer Cell Lines
- Identifying Gaps in Literacy Intervention by Analyzing Causes of Illiteracy in Canada
- Identifying Vaccine Distribution Plans to Determine Differences in COVID-19 Vaccination Rates, Public Health Education and Vaccine Hesitancy between Low- and High-income Countries
- The Effects of the Covid-19 Pandemic on People Living with ADHD
- Lung Cancer Mortality Rates: How it Compares Across Different Socioeconomic Environments
- A Cross-sectional Questionnaire-based Study for the Assessment of the Effect of COVID-19 on Blood Sugar Levels in Pre-diabetic Adult Patients
- The Prevalence and Psychological Impact of Screen Fatigue during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Changing Significance of Local Spirit (nat) Culture in Myanmar in the 21st Century
- The Impact of Xenophobic COVID-19 News Headers on Anti-Asian Hate Crime Rates in Canada, the USA and UK
Our Fundraiser: Support Us in Breaking Barriers to Youth Research
By supporting us with a donation–small or large:
- You are contributing to a novel platform that gives youth from around the world an opportunity to engage in all steps of the research process.
- You are inspiring a new generation of scientists that are passionate about sharing their work,
- You are allowing youth to reach their full potential by making research more valuable and meaningful!
The Journal of Multidisciplinary Research & Literacy
The Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Literacy (JMRL) is a funded academic platform that publishes interdisciplinary research at no cost. We place an emphasis on supporting underrepresented groups in academia. JMRL works with the Lives for Literacy Research Team in promoting research literacy to an international audience.
JMRL accepts research from a wide range of fields, including but not limited to: Biology, Chemistry, Oceonography, Geology, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Ethics, Ecology, History, Psychology, Environment, Sociology, Political Science, Anthropology, Medicine, Education, Computer Science, Technology and Agriculture!
Our Research Manual
The Blueprint to Research Manual serves as a blueprint for researchers to start designing innovative investigations and conduct ground-breaking discoveries.
Research is the foundation for a lot of the knowledge that influences how we live our lives. It helps bring awareness to issues, teaches us about the world we live in and as a tool allows us to help people on a large scale. On a personal level, research promotes critical thinking, leadership and creativity. The information found from experiments and investigations help develop medical treatment, provide insight into our behavior, gain understanding of our environment, answer what was once unknown and make an impact on the attitudes and values of people.
Want to get involved?
Contact our Director of Research, Sophia for questions, queries and more information about joining the team. If you’re looking for other ways to get involved, please email email@example.com